About Mix Fitness
Mix Fitness was founded in 2009 by Sara Lewis. After working in large gyms for a number of years, Sara spread her wings and began in-home personal training. She loves working with clients who have limited mobility, unexplained aches and pains, and new moms. Sara believes the right exercises can help restore function, posture, and health.
The Uncool Trainer
Don’t get me wrong. I think relieving pain by getting muscles to function correctly is really cool! So much so, that I will show you pictures of your muscles in my anatomy book to help you understand. Here are 5 more reasons why I’m the Uncool Trainer:
- I’m likely going to tell you to stop stretching. Often a tight muscle is a weak muscle. If you stretch a weak muscle, it makes it weaker. Luckily, I can test your muscles and figure out the best exercises to help!
- I advocate doing less, i.e. shorter workouts. Time is precious. And you don’t need to spend an hour working out to get results. Let me show you how a 30minute workout is just as effective as an hour.
- In this day and age of high intensity, maximum calorie burn, make you sore for days type workouts, I definitely fall into the uncool category. And I’m okay with that. Soreness is not the goal. Establishing a habit of consistent exercise is way more important in the long run.
- I smile. No drill sargeant-like mentality here. I provide a challenging workout without yelling at you:)
- I recommend eating carbs. Contrary to the popular diet trends, you can eat carbohydrates and lose fat. Your brain needs them for fuel and your muscles need carbs for recovery. Plus, carbs keep you “regular”……if you know what I mean!
Meet Sara Lewis
Sara has a degree in Exercise and Health Promotion from Virginia Tech. With more than 15 years of experience in the fitness industry, Sara has worked in a variety of settings and with a diverse clientele: ages 18-65, pre/post natal, physically and mentally challenged, and recreational athletes. Sara chose this career because of a fascination with human anatomy and how the body responds to exercise. Sara also is a freelance writer for LiveStrong.com and other publications.
She and her husband have lived in Round Hill since 2007. They have one daughter.
“I’m a huge fan of the corrective assessment that Sara offers. I recommend it to all my massage clients. It’s all about how our bodies move and function during our daily routine activities. Sara has an excellent understanding of anatomy and how the body moves. She offers simple yet highly effective exercises that don’t require a lot of fancy equipment. During the assessment, Sara will evaluate you from head to toe and will likely find issues you weren’t even aware you had! Everyone will benefit from this. I highly recommend it!"
Karen Keyser, Massage Therapist
“I’ve been training with Sara for almost two years now and am so grateful for the changes she has made in my life. In addition to being in better shape and improving my fitness level, I simply feel great. Every day I am getting up, feeling energized, being more active, and enjoying life. One of my favorite aspects of the unique experience offered by Mix Fitness is Sara’s in-depth understanding of how our bodies work and her ability to communicate to me those physical features during the workouts. I am doing much more than I ever thought I was capable of doing (like pushups on my toes!) and she motivates me with each training session. This is truly a unique experience, more than a gym alone can offer. I encourage anyone to train with Sara for an engaging and motivating experience.”
”I’ve been training with Sara for 5 months now and I love everything about it! The workouts have increased my energy level, my physical strength, and my emotional well being and my body looks better than it has in years! Sara is professional, knowledgeable, and motivating. I look forward to every workout with Sara and highly recommend Mix Fitness to anyone who wants to look and feel their best!”